[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] Which service is using port 8778?

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 08:12:48 UTC 2016

Le 20/12/2016 07:31, Ghanshyam Mann a écrit :
> Changing placement API port to 8780 [1], hope this is not being used by any services.
>
> But I am not sure how to check all used port currently as wiki does not seems to have all.
>
> .. [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412770/

FWIW, we recently merged a devstack-gate change yesterday that now runs
the placement service by default, which is why it's breaking Senlin gate
now.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/409871/

We also have a change up for modifying stackrc to start kicking the
placement service by default too https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412537/

Before moving forward and picking yet another port that could trample
another service, I'd rather prefer first that Senlin jobs would
temporarely disable the placement-* services so that the gate would be
happy, while in the same time we try to identify a free port number that
the placement API can safely bind.

-Sylvain