[openstack-dev] Which service is using port 8778?

Ghanshyam Mann ghanshyam.mann at nectechnologies.in
Tue Dec 20 06:16:59 UTC 2016

Yes, it seems placement API using it [1]

> 1. Recent changes to tempest is breaking our plugin. This is being
>    fixed.
Tempest patch should fix issue but port issue blocking that[2]

For port think, I think we can change the placement API port to something else. I will propose and we can get unused port there.
But OpenStack port used by services are maintained here[3], may be it will be good for each project to add their port in this list.

.. [1] - https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/lib/placement#L50
..[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412658/
..[3] http://docs.openstack.org/newton/config-reference/firewalls-default-ports.html

-gmann