[openstack-dev] [nova] Help: How to make Nova official support AArch64?

Kevin Zhao kevin.zhao at linaro.org
Tue Dec 20 05:45:17 UTC 2016

Hello Nova,
      Greetings from ARM and Linaro :D
      This is Kevin Zhao from ARM. Nowadays Linaro and other contributors
have submitted some patches to Nova community , fixing bugs for Nova
running on AArch64. Now we can successfully running a OpenStack cluster on
AArch64 and pass much of the tempest test. The virtuallization hypervisor
is based on Libvirt+KVM.

      Actually in Barcelona Keynote(interoperability Challenge
<https://www.openstack.org/videos/video/openstack-interoperability-challenge-running-unmodified-apps-in-any-openstack-cloud>,
at 10:30') one of the OpenStack interoperability cloud is from Linaro, all
based on AArch64 machines.
       I see there is a Nova support matrix
<http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/support-matrix.html>. So my
question is :
*       what do we need to do, so that Nova can official support AArch64
architecture? for example add AArch64 to this support matrix?*

       Sincerely thanks for your help. Any of your response will be really
appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kevin Zhao