[openstack-dev] [meteos] Meteos Released !!

Telles Nobrega tenobreg at redhat.com
Sun Dec 18 14:13:09 UTC 2016

Denis, I believe it would make sense to use containers for all the benefits
that containers bring.

On the other hand, I believe that using Sahara brings an easy of
configuration to Meteos, because deploying and configuring Spark
automatically on Meteos would be a bit of rework.

Nonetheless, It does raise the question if Sahara should work with
containers as well as VM.

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 6:09 PM, Denis Makogon <lildee1991 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Hiroyuki.
>
> Congrats on public release. So, i'd like to clarify few things. I know
> that for running ML jobs Meteos needs Spark instances and Meteos talks to
> Sahara to deploy them. So, i'm not quite familiar with infrastructure
> drives in Sahara, but would that make sense to work with Docker containers
> rather than deploying virtual machines, the thing is spinning up a VM takes
> a lot time, but Docker container takes 300ms to start.
>
> Kind regards,
> Denis Makogon

>> Hi all,
>>

>> I'm pleased to announce the release of Meteos.
>>

>> Meteos is Machine Learning as a Service (MLaaS) in Apache Spark.
>>

>> Meteos allows users to analyze huge amount of data and predict a value by
>> data mining and machine learning algorithms.
>>
>> Meteos create a workspace of Machine Learning via sahara spark plugin and
>> manage some resources and jobs regarding Machine Learning.
>>

>> Everyone can participate in this project as a user, developer, reviewer
>> in the same way as another OpenStack projects.
>>

>> Please give it a try.
>>
>> If you find any requests and comments, please feel free to feedback.
>>

>> See the following documents to find the relevant information:
>>

>> [Wiki]
>>
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meteos
>>

>> [Installation Document]
>>
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meteos/Devstack
>>

>> [Examples]
>>
>> Predict a Sales Figures by using LinearRegression Model
>>
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meteos/ExampleLinear
>>

>> Make a Decision to buy a stock by using DecisionTree Model
>>
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meteos/ExampleDecisionTree
>>

>> Recommend a Movie by using Recommendation Model
>>
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meteos/ExampleRecommend
>>

>> Search Synonyms by using Word2Vec Model
>>
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meteos/ExampleWord2Vec
>>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> Hiroyuki Eguchi

[image: Red Hat] <http://www.redhat.com.br/>
Telles Nobrega | Software Engineer
Red Hat Brasil
T: +55 11 3529-6000 | M: +55 11 9 9910-1689
Av. Brigadeiro Faria Lima 3900, 8° Andar. São Paulo, Brasil.
RED HAT | TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. Saiba porque em redhat.com
<https://www.redhat.com/pt-br/about/trusted>