[openstack-dev] [nova] Let's kill quota classes (again)

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Dec 16 21:36:20 UTC 2016

On 12/16/2016 2:20 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:

> For problems with placing data like this as configuration options, see
> the hassle we went through in making the allocation_ratio options into
> fields stored in the DB...
>
> Better long-term to have all this kind of configuration live in a data
> store (not a config file) and be exposed via an HTTP API.

So, we could do that, we already have the quota_classes table and the
os-quota-class-sets REST API, and as mentioned the only usable thing
that goes in there is overriding global default quota.

Would you suggest we drop the global quota limit configuration options
and simply populate the quota_classes table with a 'default' quota class
and the limits from the config in a DB migration, then drop the config
options?

Matt Riedemann