[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] [all][stable][ptls] Tagging liberty as EOL

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Dec 16 16:52:30 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-16 13:58:58 +1100 (+1100), Tony Breeds wrote:
[...]
> Due to a failure in the release pipline [1] some of the release
> jobs haven't been done.
[...]
> [1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/release-job-failures/2016-December/000324.html
[...]

The failure looks an awful lot like an incidence of
https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues/2750 which suggests this
could be due to Liberty-era cryptography 1.1.2 being incompatible
with libssl 1.0.2g on Ubuntu Xenial. For gate jobs this wouldn't
present a problem because Gerrit tells Zuul what branch a change is
destined for, but with tags there is no such context so we ended up
trying to build that release tarball on Xenial even though we tested
the changes leading up to it for stable/liberty on Trusty.
--
Jeremy Stanley