[openstack-dev] [[neutron]how to contribute for "tunnel termination point as part of the binding details"

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Thu Dec 15 09:13:10 UTC 2016

Hello, Kevin and others may be involved:

After the discussion for "VxLAN L2 networking across Neutron"[1], Tricircle team wants to contribute on this point as mentioned in the recap mail[2]: "formalize the tunnel termination point by adding it to the port binding data model just like other encapsulation details". Just as what discussed with Kevin in Barcelona, it'll not only help current push notification mechanism, but also help Tricircle in VxLAN L2 networking across Neutron, so Tricircle team would like to contribute on this topic.

As most of us are working in east Asia, it's not easy for us to attend the weekly meeting and talk this directly due to time difference. I also contacted Anil, he said only DevRef is required. And I searched recent patches in Neutron, but not find relevant patches, don't know what's the progress of this improvement. Would like to know how can we help and contribute on this improvement if needed.

  *

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/TricircleVxLANL2Networking
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-November/107061.html

Best Regards