[openstack-dev] [all] Creating a new IRC meeting room ?

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Dec 2 22:33:54 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Thierry Carrez's message of 2016-12-02 11:35:05 +0100:

> So I'm now wondering how much that artificial scarcity policy is hurting
> us more than it helps us. I'm still convinced it's very valuable to have
> a number of "meetings rooms" that you can lurk in and be available for
> pings, without having to join hundreds of channels where meetings might
> happen. But I'm not sure anymore that maintaining an artificial scarcity
> is helpful in limiting conflicts, and I can definitely see that it
> pushes some meetings away from the meeting channels, defeating their
> main purpose.

I lurk in the meeting rooms to respond to questions about releases,
reno, and a couple of the oslo modules. I would prefer to just hang out
in #openstack-release and #openstack-oslo and have folks come there if
they have those questions, though.

Doug