[openstack-dev] [release][ptl][all] self-service branch management

Ian Cordasco sigmavirus24 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:51:29 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
Reply: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date: December 14, 2016 at 07:47:58
To: openstack-dev <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject:  [openstack-dev] [release][ptl][all] self-service branch management

> [Sending again due to mail delivery issues.]
>
> The release team is pleased to announce that the branch automation
> work is now complete, and that teams can now manage feature and
> stable branch creation through the openstack/releases repository.
>
> Creating a branch is very similar to creating a release: Edit the
> appropriate file in the releases repo to add the branch information,
> let the release team review it, and then when the patch is approved
> the bots make your branch. New branches come with patches to update
> .gitreview, reno, and constraint settings where needed.
>
> For the complete details about how to format a branch request, see
> the README.rst file in the repo [1].
>
> Thanks, as always, to the Infra team for their help in implementing
> this automation.
>
> Doug
>
> [1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/releases/tree/README.rst#n63

This looks excellent, Doug!

Thank you Release & Infra teams!

I do have one question, will creating the branch's end-of-life
eventually work the same way? For example, Glance's projects were
missed in the recent liberty end of life work. Could we submit a
review to do that work so Josh & Tony don't have to or is that
something that isn't planned to work through openstack/releases?

Cheers,
--
Ian Cordasco