[openstack-dev] [kolla][tc] Video Meetings - input requested

Ian Cordasco sigmavirus24 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:45:32 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Leafe <ed at leafe.com>
Date: December 13, 2016 at 21:45:39
Subject:  Re: [openstack-dev] [kolla][tc] Video Meetings - input requested

> On Dec 12, 2016, at 10:30 PM, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
>
> > The issue raised is they violate the 4 opens.
>
> Not necessarily. If you have regular planning meetings and discussions in an open manner
> as prescribed, an occasional conference to discuss a particular matter is not a "violation".
> What if someone in your office is working on OpenStack too, and you meet in the hallway
> and discuss something technical? Does that violate the 4 Opens?
>
> I think we have to balance realism with idealism.

Taking you to the extreme of your statement, it seems there are several of these "ad hoc" meetings a week (by inc0's admission). The video meetings seem to replace the time that sub-team is missing in the weekly IRC meeting, which Jeffrey has a plan to solve for.

Also, based on inc0's email, it seems that these meetings consistently are made up primarily (if not singularly) of "cores". So they seem to be violating the open's in that they're effectively (even if not intentionally) creating a place where only sub-groups of people working on kolla (k8s) can collaborate.

Further, the kolla team seems to think that code submissions sent after a meeting are sufficient artifacts from the meeting, which there seems to be a majority who feel otherwise. Based on Jeffrey's descriptions, inc0's emails, and the rest of this thread, it seems quite clear that kolla isn't obeying one of the 4 opens.

--
Ian Cordasco