[openstack-dev] Error with gerrit, devstack

Annapoornima Koppad annakoppad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 17:11:34 UTC 2016

Dear All,

I am facing this problem with Devstack Gerrit process. Can someone help?

Here is my problem. I had an old machine on which I installed git, git
cloned Devstack and contributed some patches to Openstack. My old machine
was as useless as it could get. So, I bought a new Dell Inspiron machine
and installed Ubuntu 16.04. I git cloned Devstack again, and installed git.
I uploaded the SSH keys to https://review.openstack.org/#/settings/. I
tried to hook up Gerrit with git so that I could start working on patches
as well. When I did the following:

git review -s

I ran into the following problem.

Problem running 'git remote update gerrit'
Fetching gerrit
fatal: unable to access
'https://annakoppad@review.openstack.org:29418/openstack-dev/devstack.git/':
gnutls_handshake() failed: An unexpected TLS packet was received.
error: Could not fetch gerrit
Problems encountered installing commit-msg hook
The following command failed with exit code 255
"GET https://annakoppad@review.openstack.org:29418/tools/hooks/commit-msg"
-----------------------
("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO',
'unknown protocol')],)",)

My git config --list looks like this.

user.name=Annapoornima Koppad
user.email=annakoppad at gmail.com
gitreview.username=annakoppad
core.repositoryformatversion=0
core.filemode=true
core.bare=false
core.logallrefupdates=true
remote.origin.url=https://git.openstack.org/openstack-dev/devstack
remote.origin.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
branch.master.remote=origin
branch.master.merge=refs/heads/master
remote.gerrit.url=https://annakoppad@review.openstack.org:29418/openstack-dev/devstack.git
remote.gerrit.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/gerrit/*
y local.conf looks like this.
[[local|localrc]]
ADMIN_PASSWORD=****************
DATABASE_PASSWORD=****************
RABBIT_PASSWORD=****************
SERVICE_PASSWORD=****************
GIT_BASE=${GIT_BASE:-https://git.openstack.org}
I restarted the machine if the changes could start again. That did not work.

What is that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Annapoornima