[openstack-dev] [glance] priorities for the coming week (12/09-12/15)

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 12:14:33 UTC 2016

As discussed at the Glance weekly meeting yesterday, the priorities for
12/1 through 12/8, unfortunately look very similar to last week's
priorities.  Some core reviewers need to step up.  The priorities are:

Highest priority
================

(1) database strategy for rolling upgrades:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/331740/
This one has a video to enhance your reviewing pleasure and demonstrate
that the approach described actually is workable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4iwJRlPqOw

(2) glance expand/contract migrations with alembic:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/374278/
We need another +2 on this one, preferably from a non-Rackspace person.

(3) community images spec update:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/396919/
New to the list.  The latest patch includes the migration strategy for
which Erno said indicated on the patch he'd change his -2 to a +2, so
don't let the -2 on the patch stop you from reviewing it.

The above three specs need to be reviewed as soon as possible.  We are
blocking Alex and Hemanth, because the Ocata database migration will
handle the community images changes.

Really high priority
====================
(would be highest if the specs were already approved)

(4) Patch to fix a glance_store regression:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/387719/
and patch to prevent a related backend misconfiguration:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/388944/

(5) Patch to enable better request-id tracking:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/352892/
This will be nice for operators, let's get it reviewed and merged!

(6) Request for some insights and opinions for bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/1585917

Please take a look

(7) glanceclient problem: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/319960/

thanks,