[openstack-dev] [kolla] balancing core team karma and collecting statements from kolla team.

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 14:26:01 UTC 2016

First of all, kolla team != kolla core reviewer members. everyone is
welcome to
reply this email.

Kolla ( including kolla, kolla-ansible and kolla-kubernetes projects ) is
using
launchpad for bug track and blueprint management as other OpenStack
projects.
As kolla become more mature, we have more developers and operators.  So more
bugs are filed. we have 200+ bugs[0] and 100+ bp[1] in kolla project. it is
impossible to manage the states of the bugs and bp by few people.

Here is the list of activities in kolla launchpad[2]. Only a few persons are
busy on this. So hope more developers could work on this, including bug
triage
and confirmation. This is talked in the last meeting. We want to collect
some
information from kolla team.

1. Do u know how to manage bugs and bp on launchpad?
2. If 1) is yes, could u take the responsibility?
3. if 2) is yes, could u give your statement below about which project will
you
?

Here is the statement collected in the meeting,

sdake: I am not interested in bug triage for any deliverable but
kolla-kubernetes but know how to do bug triage
jeffrey4l: I will take the triage work for kolla and kolla-ansible
portdirect: I'm not that familiar with launchpad - srwilkers has given me a
few
pointers but I'm aware this a areanarea I need to get up to speed on
berendt: I know how to do it, but do not do it at the moment, I try to spend
some time on it
wirehead: I know how to do triage, it wasn't really a critical effort for
kolla-kubernetes, but I should start having time to at least pitch in
there.
duonghq: I can help in triaging, especially in kolla

If you are not in kolla-drivers team, you can ask for one of core team to
add
you.

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/kolla
[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/kolla