[openstack-dev] [nova] placement/resource providers update 4

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 00:07:57 UTC 2016

On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 16:04:14 -0500, Jay Pipes wrote:
> We're discussing only doing:
>
>  GET /resource_providers?<simple non-JSON query params>
>
> Once we start doing claims in the scheduler, we'll have the ability to do:
>
>  POST /allocations
>  {
>     <more complex JSON body specifying requested resources, traits, and
> all kinds of stuff :)>
>  }

Thanks. FWIW, I'm not against simple non-JSON query params.

The last time we discussed this, I was against the idea of JSON blobs in
query params from a usability standpoint and it was noted that GET with
a request body isn't guaranteed to be forwarded properly when going
through proxies because it's not described in the HTTP specification. So
with that information, I thought POST as a read to e.g.
/resource_providers/list was the best compromise.

That all arose because complex JSON bodies were described as a
possibility for RP list requests. If that's not the case, then I didn't
think we need to consider POST.

-melanie