[openstack-dev] [devstack]VersionConflict exception during stack.sh - resend with explanation.

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Dec 6 22:34:52 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 08:02:23PM +0000, Wanjing Xu (waxu) wrote:

> Hi,
> My devstack had been OK a month ago. But recently it keeps having this
> VersionConflict  error.  If I manually install the required module version,
> it will move on but then it will error out at some other module.  I have
> manually installed and fixed about 8 such modules, still it is not ending.  I
> guess I have something fundamental that I missed.  Could somebody please help
> me?  I was reading the pip code, there is some replace_conflicting env, but I
> don’t know how to set it, maybe it is set in vendor package?

You'll need to provide a little more information.  I'm assuming that you have a
devstack setup that you're ./unstack,sh ; ./stack.sh to upgrade? and overtime
the repos are gettiing out of sync.

Can you explain what you're doing?

Also can you please provide the out of:
pip freeze | sort
for repo in /opt/stack/* ; do (cd $repo ; [ -d .git ] && git describe ) ; done

That will help us understand what you have and why the constratints file
appears to be ineffective.

Tony.