[openstack-dev] [nova] placement/resource providers update 4

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 20:42:18 UTC 2016

On 12/06/2016 03:28 PM, Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2016, at 2:16 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would prefer:
>>
>> GET /resource_providers?resources=DISK_GB:40,VCPU:2,MEMORY_MB:2048
>>
>> to "group" the resources parameter together. When we add in trait lookups, we're going to want a way to clearly delineate between resource classes and traits other than just knowing resource classes are ALL_CAPS...
>>
>> GET /resource_providers?resources=DISK_GB:40,VCPU:2,MEMORY_MB:2048
>>      &required=storage:ssd,hw:cpu:x86:avx2
>>      &preferred=virt:hyperv:gen2
>
> OK, that’s fine. The URI path is still just 126 characters, well below the limit of around 8K. It still seems anything but scary.

Oh, absolutely, I wasn't arguing about length of URI or anything.

To be clear, I could either go the above route or even do a POST
/resource_providers that returns a list of resource providers instead of
creating a resource provider. Don't mind either way.

But, we should definitely agree on which this is going to be ASAP.

Best,
-jay