[openstack-dev] [devstack][neutron-lbaas][octavia] About installing Devstack on Ubuntu

Bernard Cafarelli bcafarel at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 13:20:28 UTC 2016

On 6 December 2016 at 13:12, Jens Rosenboom <j.rosenboom at x-ion.de> wrote:
>> Hi, All,
>>
>> I failed installing devstack on Ubuntu. The detailed info of local.conf and
>> error is pasted in http://paste.openstack.org/show/591493/.
>>
>> BTW, python2.7 is installed in Ubuntu, and Python.h can be found under
>> /usr/include/python2.7.
>>
>> stack at stack-VirtualBox:~$ locate Python.h
>>
>> /usr/include/python2.7/Python.h
>>

>> However, after I comment the configuration related to Neutron-LBaaS and
>> Octavia in local.conf, it successes.
>>
>> Is it a bug? How to fix it? Look forward to your comments. Thanks.
>
> The failure does not happen on your local machine, but inside building
> a disk-image for octavia. It seems to be a regression caused by
> https://review.openstack.org/402250 and there is a bug report with a
> proposed fix at https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1646977

Indeed, this is the reason it fails (breaking the image building
part), Michael Johnson actually sent a few patches to fix it in
Octavia:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/356590/ (octavia diff to remove
dependency on tripleo-image-elements)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/406420/ (diskimage-builder fix to
install python in pip-and-virtualenv element)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/406413/ (diskimage-builder fix to run
sysctl on image, not host)

--
Bernard Cafarelli