[openstack-dev] [release] Re: [neutron][networking-midonet] [Openstack-stable-maint] Stable check of openstack/networking-midonet failed

Takashi Yamamoto yamamoto at midokura.com
Fri Dec 2 23:32:29 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Takashi Yamamoto
<yamamoto at midokura.com> wrote:
> release team,
>
> can we (networking-midonet) branch stable/newton from a past commit
> with a RC tag, backport some changes [1], and then cut the first release
> on the branch?

to answer myself, RC or beta-looking tag doesn't seem to be allowed for
release:independent projects. [1]
so i went ahead with 3.0.0. [2]

[1] https://github.com/openstack/releases/blob/745554fdec87b18fe0a39fa25cdc481b23f28d24/openstack_releases/versionutils.py#L48-L49
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/404078/