[openstack-dev] [nova] Nominating Stephen Finucane for nova-core

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Dec 2 15:22:54 UTC 2016

I'm proposing that we add Stephen Finucane to the nova-core team.
Stephen has been involved with nova for at least around a year now,
maybe longer, my ability to tell time in nova has gotten fuzzy over the
years. Regardless, he's always been eager to contribute and over the
last several months has done a lot of reviews, as can be seen here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/reviewer:sfinucan%2540redhat.com

http://stackalytics.com/report/contribution/nova/180

Stephen has been a main contributor and mover for the config option
cleanup series that last few cycles, and he's a go-to person for a lot
of the NFV/performance features in Nova like NUMA, CPU pinning, huge
pages, etc.

I think Stephen does quality reviews, leaves thoughtful comments, knows
when to hold a +1 for a patch that needs work, and when to hold a -1
from a patch that just has some nits, and helps others in the project
move their changes forward, which are all qualities I look for in a
nova-core member.

I'd like to see Stephen get a bit more vocal / visible, but we all
handle that differently and I think it's something Stephen can grow into
the more involved he is.

So with all that said, I need a vote from the core team on this
nomination. I honestly don't care to look up the rules too much on
number of votes or timeline, I think it's pretty obvious once the
replies roll in which way this goes.

Matt Riedemann