[openstack-dev] [qa] [openstack-health] Avoid showing non-official projects failure ratios

Masayuki Igawa masayuki at igawa.me
Fri Dec 2 13:39:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:
> On 12/02/2016 10:03 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Ken'ichi Ohmichi wrote:
>>> Hi QA-team,
>>>
>>> In the big-tent policy, we continue creating new projects.
>>> On the other hand, some projects became non-active.
>>> That seems natural thing.
>>>
>>> Now openstack-health[1] shows non-active project as 100% failure ratio
>>> on "Project Status".
>>> The project has became non-official since
>>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/324412/
>>> So I feel it is nice to have black-list or something to make it
>>> disappear from the dashboard for concentrating on active projects'
>>> failures.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Yes, I totally agree we should only list active official projects in
>> there, otherwise long-dead things like Cue will make the view look bad.
>> Looks like the system adds new ones but does not remove anything ? It
>> should probably take its list from [1].
>>
>> [1]
>> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/projects.yaml
>
> Is cue completely dead? Should we then retire it completely following
> http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/drivers.html#retiring-a-project ?
>
> It still has jobs setup and I see people submitting typo fixes etc.

I'm not sure the cue is dead or not. But I think we should fix the
failure of the job or remove the periodic jobs. Otherwise, the job
just waste the resource of the OpenStack infra..

But we should have the filter feature like a 'Project Type' of
stackalitics, probably. I think it's useful for openstack-health
users.

Best Regards,
-- Masayuki Igawa