[openstack-dev] [infra]help on the description update in github repository

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Dec 1 16:08:11 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-01 07:14:58 +0000 (+0000), joehuang wrote:
> The short project description of Tricircle is: "Tricircle is to
> provide networking automation across Neutron." in
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tricircle/,
> the official repository.
>
> But the description in the mirrored github
> repository(https://github.com/openstack/tricircle/) below the code
> tab is still "Tricircle is a project for OpenStack cascading
> solution. ",  it's old and obsolete description.

Our automation which maintains the github.com mirror configuration
doesn't currently update repository descriptions, because it
maintains insufficient state and attempting to query all our 1.5k+
repos there overruns their API throttling limits very quickly.

> I contacted github help desk, they said they have no right to
> update it, only the guy from OpenStack who has update(or write)
> right can update it manually.

Correct, only the organization admins for the repo in question can
update its description. For the "openstack" organization that's
basically the Infra team's root sysadmins.

> So would someone help to update the Tricircle description in
> github, Tricircle is one OpenStack official project now, it's
> better to keep the description consistent.

I have done this just now, as requested.
--
Jeremy Stanley