[openstack-dev] [kolla] propose to remove COPY_ONCE feature

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Thu Dec 1 14:09:20 UTC 2016

Jeffrey,

Can’t post inline (outlook bug).

kolla-kubernetes has no use-case for COPY_ALWAYS.

The kolla-kubernetes deliverable uses a construct called EmptyDir to store configuration files.

There is no way to hand-modify the configuration files in EmptyDir that I am aware of nor was any of the core team aware of during the review processes that have been taking place in the helm reviews.

Therefore, kolla-kubernetes has standardized on COPY_ONCE for immutability since hand-modification of config files is an impossibility.

Hope that clears things up.

Regards
-steve