[openstack-dev] [infra] Reliable way to filter CI in gerrit spam?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Aug 31 18:58:31 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-31 17:59:43 +0100 (+0100), Matthew Booth wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
[...]
> > Also we have naming conventions for third-party CI accounts that
> > suggest they should end in " CI" so you could match on that.
>
> Yeah, all except 'Jenkins' :)
[...]

Right, that was mainly because there were more than a few people who
expressed a desire to be able to receive E-mail messages on comments
from the "Jenkins" account but not from third-party CI systems.

> All the CIs I get gerrit spam from are on that list except
> Jenkins. Do I have to enable something specifically to exclude
> them?
[...]

No, as I understand it, since we set capability.emailReviewers="deny
group Third-Party CI" in the global Gerrit configuration it should
avoid sending E-mail for any of their comments.
https://review.openstack.org/Documentation/access-control.html#capability_emailReviewers
I guess we should troubleshoot that.
--
Jeremy Stanley