[openstack-dev] [infra] Reliable way to filter CI in gerrit spam?

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 13:44:14 UTC 2016

I've just (re-)written an email filter which splits gerrit emails into
those from CI and those from real people. In general I'm almost never
interested in botmail, but they comprise about 80% of gerrit email.

Having looked carefully through some gerrit emails from real people and
CIs, I unfortunately can't find any features which distinguish the CI.
Consequently my filter is just a big enumeration of current known CIs. This
is kinda ugly, and will obviously get out of date.

Is there anything I missed? Or is it possible to unsubscribe from gerrit
mail from bots? Or is there any other good way to achieve what I'm looking
for which doesn't involve maintaining my own bot list? If not, would it be
feasible to add something?

Thanks,

Matt
--