[openstack-dev] [requirements] upcoming freeze (was Re: [release] Release countdown for week R-5, 29 Aug - 2 Sept)

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Aug 31 02:48:42 UTC 2016

Hi all,
    I'd just like to add a point to Doug's email.

Along with this being the Final release for client libraries freeze its also
the requirements freeze.

That means that on Thursday Sept 1st (UTC) we'll add a procedural -2 to all
open changes in the master branch of openstack/requirements.

We've already started looking very hard at reviews that alter
global-requirements for large knock on effects.

Of course there is an exception process for things at absolutely *must* land in
newton.

Tony.