[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Requesting FFE for improved Swift deployments

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 30 08:12:57 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 09:32:09PM +0200, Christian Schwede wrote:
> Hello,
>
> kindly asking for a FFE for a required setting to improve Swift-based
> TripleO deployments:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/358643/

This looks like it's associated with a bug, and if it's a bugfix then no
FFE is required.

The only question is do we target this bug at rc1?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1609421

Or would it be better to raise another one specific to that fix (as the bug
above appears to reference a number of interrelated issues)?

> This is required to land the last patch in a series of TripleO-doc patches:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/293311/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/360353/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/361032/
>
> Current idea is to automate the described manual actions for Ocata.
> There was some discussion on the ML as well:

+1, landing the docs improvements for newton then automating in ocata
sounds good too me.

Thanks!

Steve