[openstack-dev] [neutron][qos]

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 17:35:11 UTC 2016

Ofer Ben-Yacov <ofer.benyacov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I was asked to look for a solution / develop traffic control component.
> The idea is that provider / tenant will be able to enforce rate limit, do
> traffic shaping and prioritize traffic from several VMs (policy) - not
> like the qos in neutron now which can do this on single VM port.
>
> My initial thought is to do it using SFC to route the traffic to a
> Traffic Control service.

You mean classifier?

> Do any of you know if there is some one that currently develop a project
> like that for me to join?
>
> If no work is done, do any of you would like to join in developing such
> project?
>
> Do you suggestion other than SFC to approach this?

There is an RFE to add traffic control primitives to Neutron:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1476527

That said, I am yet to see any patches to implement that. You are welcome
to join the folks who stepped in to implement it. I think your call for SFC
is generally correct since SFC and TC communities seem to overlap because
SFC needs to classify traffic.

Ihar