[openstack-dev] [kolla][oisc] scenario #8 running - need help deploying centos next

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sun Aug 28 22:49:14 UTC 2016

Scenario #8 was running about 12 hours (mitaka rally and tempest testing) and was only half way done.  Inspection of the control machines showed out of disk space errors on the control nodes (which only have a 50gb total partition for where /var/lib/docker was stored).  Elasticsearch produces about 25gb/day under our rally benchmarks, so a cleanup was necessary.  Note during the out of disk space problem, OpenStack made forward progress, it was just extremely slow and many tests that would have passed with sufficient disk space did not.

Expect scenario #8 to complete and 4-6 hours and scenario #9 to take 2 hours.

Then the next step is a reload of the base os on al target deployment nodes to centos.  Ping me before undertaking this activity such that all data is captured for ubuntu.

Regards,
-steve