[openstack-dev] [glance] Priority reviews for the upcoming n-3 release next week

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 16:13:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

In today's weekly meeting, I've listed some of the priority reviews that
the reviewers, especially glance-cores, should focus on the coming few
days for the Newton-3 release next week [1]. We will be evaluating the
reviews that are likely to merge or otherwise in the next few days and
should have the final list by EOD Monday 29th. Given all the constraints
in mind, I am planning to propose the n-3 hash to the release team on
EOD Wednesday Aug 31st unless any critical issues come up [2]. So,
please make sure you keep your patches up to date and ready for review
if you need them in Newton.

Also, please stop proposing trivial fixes at this stage in the cycle as
such things put load on the gate and are detrimental to development work
in the community, not just Glance. Besides, having trivial fixes in
review queue distracts reviewers and presents an awkward view of the
review dashboard, again this is something that hampers productivity.

If you have WIP patches and are not planning to target it to Glance for
Newton or otherwise, please make sure you take some time to abandon
those patches. Cleaning up the queue yourself, will help the glance team
a long way -- kindly don't just rely on the PTL, release liaison or the
cores to do the cleaning for you.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/glance/2016/glance.2016-08-25-14.00.html
[2] http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html