[openstack-dev] [TripleO][CI] Need more undercloud resources

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Thu Aug 25 00:50:25 UTC 2016

On 08/25/2016 01:51 AM, Steve Baker wrote:
> Heat now has efficient polling of nested events, but it doesn't look
> like tripleoclient is using that.
>
> Its not clear if the current polling is contributing to the above issue
> but I'd definitely recommend switching over.

was simple enough so here is a change which switches to it

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/360141/

> This is the recommended approach:
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/python-heatclient/tree/heatclient/osc/v1/stack.py#n180
>

> This is what tripleoclient does currently:
>
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/python-tripleoclient/tree/tripleoclient/utils.py#n272
>

> The get_events call is low-overhead, but the get_stack call isn't, and
> calling it in a loop won't be helping.
>
> poll_for_events currently doesn't have an argument for specifying the
> nested_depth for what events to log. I can add that to heatclient unless
> you can live with only logging the events for the top level resources.

right, if you do I'll update the submission to use it ... also looks
like we might need a mechanism to suppress events logging; shall I pass
some fake fd to out= or can we change it to make None not logging, maybe
defaulting it to stdout but skip if it is None?
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA | IRC: gfidente