[openstack-dev] [tempest][cinder] Clone feature toggle not in clone tests

Jordan Pittier jordan.pittier at scality.com
Wed Aug 24 21:34:08 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Slade Baumann <baumann at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I am attempting to disable clone tests in tempest as they aren't
> functioning in NFS. But the tests test_volumes_clone.py and
> test_volumes_clone_negative.py don't have the "clone" feature
> toggle in them. I thought it obvious that if clone is disabled
> in tempest, the tests that simply clone should be disabled.
>
> So I put up a bug and fix for it, but have been talking with
> Jordan Pittier and he suggested I come to the mailing list to
> get this figured out.
>
> I'm not asking for reviews, unless you want to give them.
> I'm simply asking if this is the right way to go about this
> or if there is something else I need to do to get this into
> Tempest.
>
> Here are the bug and fix:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1615770
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/358813/
>
> I would appreciate any suggestion or direction in this problem.
>
> For extra reference, the clone toggle flag was added here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1488274
>
> Hi,
Thanks for starting this thread. My point about this patch is, as "volume
clone" is part of the core requirements [1] every Cinder drive must
support, I don't see a need for a feature flag. The feature flag already
exists, but that doesn't mean we should encourage its usage.

Now, if this really helps the NFS driver (although I don"t know why we
couldn't support clone with NFS)... I don't have a strong opinion on this
patch.

I -1ed the patch for consistency: I agree that there should be a minimum
set of features expected from a Cinder driver.

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/cinder/devref/drivers.html#core-functionality

Cheers,
Jordan