[openstack-dev] [charms] tests/charmhelpers in venv and use bindep for bzr

Ryan Beisner ryan.beisner at canonical.com
Tue Aug 23 04:13:08 UTC 2016

Hi OpenStack Charmers,

In prep for a move to a global requirements for OpenStack Charms, I'd like
to hit the master branches with a batch of cleanups.  This nets -2300 LoC
in the example Charm repo. ;-)

First, a pre-requisite charm-helpers merge proposal re: missing setup.py
entries for hardening.*:

 - https://code.launchpad.net/~1chb1n/charm-helpers/update-egg/+merge/303630

Then, a PoC example change on the Cinder Charm:

 - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:tests-charmhelpers-venv

I seek review and comment on these prior to proposing the logic across all
of openstack/charm-*.  Note that this example is for "classic" charms.  The
change will look slightly different for "source" layered charms.

TIA!

Cheers,

Ryan