[openstack-dev] [TripleO] a new Undercloud install driven by Heat

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Sat Aug 20 13:44:06 UTC 2016

<Snip>

> Our "TripleO" undercloud only requires a subset of the available
> services that we run int the Overcloud. So ironic, heat, mistral,
> zaqar, keystone, nova, swift, glance, neutron. These would mostly
> satisfy our needs.

What I find interesting here is that there isn't much mention of
jenkins, or something like it to produce the artifacts that the
undercloud runs on-top of (likely from a combination of git sources, one
for each project).

I would have thought jenkins (or equiv, zuul...) + some deployment tool
(ansible, salt, rundeck, puppet, chef...) + ironic (for new hardware
ingestion) would compose most of what people are using to get there
'undercloud' working.

-Josh