[openstack-dev] [nova] Ocata design summit session ideas

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Aug 19 00:55:27 UTC 2016

Early planning is starting for the Ocata summit so I've started an
etherpad to dump ideas for sessions:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ocata-nova-summit-ideas

The summit in Barcelona is 4 days, with ops and cross-project taking up
Tuesday and most of Wednesday. The Friday meetups will be in the
afternoon, which leaves Thursday and Friday morning for fishbowl
sessions. I think we'll have 13 fishbowl sessions compared to 18 that we
had in Austin. This is probably fine given we had maybe too many
sessions in Austin. It also probably means we'll do like one
unconference instead of two.

Ocata is also going to be a shorter release (sounds like maybe 4-4.5
months instead of 6). So we're going to have a shorter runway to get
things done.

Anyway, this is all very early, but I wanted to start this rolling
because it will be on top of us before we know it.

Matt Riedemann