[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-wg/news

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Thu Aug 18 17:21:48 UTC 2016

Greetings OpenStack community,

Today's open discussion centered around the concept of capabilities and
the need to ensure that however we end up doing them in APIs there
should be consistency amongst the existing OpenStack services. In fact,
it would be great if there were consistency between how OpenStack
chooses to do it and how it is done on the rest of the web. More
research required.

Brian Rosmaita visited to discuss similar issues around discovery of
detailed functionality in the glance import API[6]. It's unclear if
these details are the same as capabilities. What's clear is that we'll
need to be tracking this carefully to avoid creating confusion.

The meeting logs are in the usual place. [5]

# New guidelines

* A guideline for links
   https://review.openstack.org/354266

# API guidelines proposed for freeze

The following guidelines are available for broader review by interested
parties. These will be merged in one week if there is no further feedback.

* Add the beginning of a set of guidlines for URIs
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/322194/
* Clarify backslash usage for 'in' operator
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/353396/

# Guidelines currently under review

These are guidelines that the working group are debating and working on
for consistency and language. We encourage any interested parties to
join in the conversation.

* Clear the case if the version string isn't parsable
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/346846/

# API Impact reviews currently open

Reviews marked as APIImpact [1] are meant to help inform the working
group about changes which would benefit from wider inspection by group
members and liaisons. While the working group will attempt to address
these reviews whenever possible, it is highly recommended that
interested parties attend the API-WG meetings [2] to promote
communication surrounding their reviews.

To learn more about the API WG mission and the work we do, see OpenStack
API Working Group [3].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+AND+(message:ApiImpact+OR+message:APIImpact),n,z
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/API-WG#Agenda
[3] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/