[openstack-dev] How do I get devstack with nova-network now?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Aug 17 10:34:53 UTC 2016

On 08/16/2016 10:56 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 8/16/2016 9:52 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
>> My nova-net local.conf isn't working anymore apparently, neutron is
>> still getting installed and run rather than nova-network even though I
>> have this in my local.conf:
>>
>> stack at novanet:~$ cat devstack/local.conf  | grep enable_service
>> enable_service tempest
>> enable_service n-net
>> #enable_service q-svc
>> #enable_service q-agt
>> #enable_service q-dhcp
>> #enable_service q-l3
>> #enable_service q-meta
>> #enable_service q-lbaas
>> #enable_service q-lbaasv2
>>
>> This guide tells me about the default networking now:
>>
>> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/networking.html
>>
>> But doesn't tell me how to get nova-network running instead.
>>
>> It's also nearly my bedtime and I'm being lazy, so figured I'd post this
>> if for nothing else a heads up that people's local configs for
>> nova-network might no longer work with neutron being the default.
>>

> Looks like I just have to be explicit about disabling the neutron
> services and enabling the n-net service:
>
> enable_service n-net
> disable_service q-svc
> disable_service q-agt
> disable_service q-dhcp
> disable_service q-l3
> disable_service q-meta

Yes, a bunch of network manipulation happens behind the scenes if the
neutron services are running.

I *specifically* left out running nova-net from the networking section
for devstack. If you want to provide a patch that's cool, but figured in
it's deprecated state it's better to not even tell people about it.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net