[openstack-dev] How do I get devstack with nova-network now?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 17 02:52:09 UTC 2016

My nova-net local.conf isn't working anymore apparently, neutron is
still getting installed and run rather than nova-network even though I
have this in my local.conf:

stack at novanet:~$ cat devstack/local.conf  | grep enable_service
enable_service tempest
enable_service n-net
#enable_service q-svc
#enable_service q-agt
#enable_service q-dhcp
#enable_service q-l3
#enable_service q-meta
#enable_service q-lbaas
#enable_service q-lbaasv2

This guide tells me about the default networking now:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/networking.html

But doesn't tell me how to get nova-network running instead.

It's also nearly my bedtime and I'm being lazy, so figured I'd post this
if for nothing else a heads up that people's local configs for
nova-network might no longer work with neutron being the default.

Matt Riedemann