[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Testing optional composable services in the CI

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 13:50:47 UTC 2016

On 08/15/2016 10:54 AM, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> Hi everyone, happy Monday :)
>
> I'd like to start the discussion about CI-testing the optional
> composable services in the CI (I'm primarily interested in Ironic, but I
> know there are a lot more).

thanks for bringing this up, with "pluggability" comes responsibility it
seems

there is also a conflicting (yet valid) interest in keeping the number
of services deployed in the overcloud to a minimum to avoid even longer
CI run times

> So, are there any plans to start covering optional services? Maybe at
> least a non-HA job with all environment files included? It would be cool
> to also somehow provide additional checks though. Or, in case of ironic,
> to disable the regular nova compute, so that the ping test runs on an
> ironic instance.

it isn't really a case of HA vs non-HA, with the newer HA architecture
we're only managing via pcmk those openstack services which need to be
(including recent additions like manila-share or cinder-backup) and
these should be tested in the HA scenario which IMHO at this point could
become a default

it looks to me that a scenario in the experimental queue deploying a
"full" overcloud could work?

there is a similar requirement for testing 'competing' services, like
swift and ceph/rgw which we're about to merge ... but applies to other
things, like the neutron plugins
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA | IRC: gfidente