[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Getting rid of ISO

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Tue Aug 16 08:58:25 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

We finally have working custom deployment job that deploys Fuel admin node
using online RPM repositories (not ISO) on vanilla Centos 7.0.

Currently all Fuel system and deployment tests use ISO and we are planning
to re-implement all these jobs (including BVT, SWARM, and Fuel CI jobs) to
exclude ISO from the pipeline. That will allow us to get rid of ISO as our
deliverable and instead rely totally on package repositories. Linux
distributions like Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL, etc. are already delivered via
ISO/qcow2/etc. images and we'd better stop reinventing a wheel and support
our own ISO build code. That will allow us to make Fuel admin node
deployment more flexible.

I will infrom about our next steps here in the thread.

Vladimir Kozhukalov