[openstack-dev] [Puppet] Puppet OpenStack Application Module

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 16:13:04 UTC 2016

I'd like to propose the creation of a puppet module to make use of Puppet
Application orchestrator. This would consist of a Puppet-4 compatible
module that would define applications that would wrap the existing modules.

This will allow for the establishment of a shared module that is capable of
expressing OpenStack applications using the new language schematics in
Puppet 4 [1] for multi-node application orchestration.

I'd expect that initial testing env would consist of deploying a PE stack,
and using docker containers as node primitives. This is necessary until a
FOSS deployer component like [2] becomes stable, at which point we can
switch to it and use the FOSS PM as well. Once the env is up, I plan to
wrap p-o-i profiles to deploy the cloud and launch tempest for functional
testing.

[1] https://docs.puppet.com/pe/latest/app_orchestration_workflow.html

[2] https://github.com/ripienaar/mcollective-choria

Andrew Woodward