[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [cinder] [nova] locking concern with os-brick

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Aug 15 12:24:25 UTC 2016

On 08/13/2016 06:07 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
<snip>

> I checked a tempest-dsvm CI run upstream and we don't follow this
> recommendation for our own CI on all changes in OpenStack, so before we
> make this note in the release notes, I'd like to see us use the same
> lock_path for c-vol and n-cpu in devstack for our CI runs.
>
> Also, it should really be a note in the help text of the actual
> lock_path option IMO since it's a latent and persistent thing that
> people are going to need to remember after newton has long been released
> and people deploying OpenStack for the first time AFTER newton shouldn't
> have to know there was a release note telling them not to shoot
> themselves in the foot, it should be in the config option help text.

That patch to do this is where this all started, because I was not
comfortable landing that as a default change in master until all the
affected projects had landed release notes / docs around this. Otherwise
this could very well have snuck in to devstack, done the right thing
there, and never been noticed by others.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net