[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder][oslo] Lets move forward on making oslo.privsep logging more sane

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun Aug 14 18:02:02 UTC 2016

If you hadn't noticed yet, the n-cpu logs are super chatty due to
privsep logging everything from debug=True at warning level:

http://logs.openstack.org/15/355215/1/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-python-novaclient/b92bced/logs/screen-n-cpu.txt.gz?level=TRACE

I opened a bug for this awhile back:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/os-brick/+bug/1593743

There are some competing patches between Angus and Walter:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/350415/

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/339275/

Both turn down the noise so we need to get one of the merged for Newton
before the non-client library release freeze because I don't want to
ship Newton with noise in the logs like this.

I think we could approve Angus' and maybe iterate/improve on it later
for what Walter wants, which is making oslo.privsep logging more
configurable like processutils so the caller can get the captured
stdout/stderr and decide what to do with it.

Matt Riedemann