[openstack-dev] Barbican: Secure Setup & HSM-plugin

Praktikant HSM Praktikant.HSM at utimaco.com
Fri Aug 12 12:51:22 UTC 2016

Hi all,
As a member of Utimaco's pre-sales team I am currently testing an integration of Barbican with one of our HSMs.

We were able to generate MKEKs and HMAC keys on the HSM with the 'pkcs11-key-generation' as well as 'barbican-manage hsm' commands. However, it is not fully clear to us how to use these keys to encrypt or sign data.

Additionally, we would appreciate further information concerning the secure setup of Barbican with an HSM-plugin.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Manuel Roth

-------------------------------
System Engineering HSM

Utimaco IS GmbH
Germanusstr. 4
52080 Aachen
Germany

www.utimaco.com<http://www.utimaco.com>

Utimaco IS GmbH
Germanusstr. 4, D.52080 Aachen, Germany, Tel: +49-241-1696-0, www.utimaco.com
Seat: Aachen - Registergericht Aachen HRB 18922
VAT ID No.: DE 815 496 496
Managementboard: Malte Pollmann (Chairman) CEO, Dr. Frank J. Nellissen CFO

This communication is confidential. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at https://www.utimaco.com/en/e-mail-disclaimer/