[openstack-dev] [cinder] [nova] locking concern with os-brick

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Aug 12 09:55:47 UTC 2016

A devstack patch was pushed earlier this cycle around os-brick -
https://review.openstack.org/341744

Apparently there are some os-brick operations that are only safe if the
nova and cinder lock paths are set to be the same thing. Though that
hasn't yet hit release notes or other documentation yet that I can see.
Is this a thing that everyone is aware of at this point? Are project
teams ok with this new requirement? Given that lock_path has no default,
this means we're potentially shipping corruption by default to users.
The other way forward would be to revisit that lock_path by default
concern, and have a global default. Or have some way that users are
warned if we think they aren't in a compliant state.

I've put the devstack patch on a -2 hold until we get ACK from both Nova
and Cinder teams that everyone's cool with this.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net