[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-7, 15-19 Aug

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Aug 11 19:19:06 UTC 2016

Focus
-----

Major feature work should be well under way as we approach the third
milestone.

General Notes
-------------

Prepare for the non-client library freeze coming up on 25 Aug. by
finishing any feature work that requires library changes.

We freeze releases of all libraries between the third milestone and
the final release to give downstream packagers time to vet the
libraries. Only emergency bug fix updates are allowed during that
period, not releases for FFEs.

Release Actions

None

Important Dates

Library release freeze date starting R-6, Aug 25.

Newton 3 milestone, Sept 1

Newton release schedule: http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html