[openstack-dev] [openstack-operators][Sahara] Deprecation notes for Newton cycle

Vitaly Gridnev vgridnev at mirantis.com
Thu Aug 11 16:48:26 UTC 2016

Hello team,

The aim of this letter is to provide all needed information about features
which were deprecated in Sahara in the Newton release cycle, and several
important notes from the Mitaka release cycle.

1. In Mitaka, all old CLI commands were marked as deprecated. We are not
removing them in the Newton release cycle, but we will remove this CLI in
the beginning of the Ocata release cycle.

Please use the OpenStackClient plugin instead; it has all features included
in the old CLI. Please refer to [0] to track status of this support removal.

2. In Newton, MapR 5.0.0 was marked as deprecated. If there are no
objections, it can be removed in the Ocata release (since this version of
the plugin was not stable). MapR 5.1.0 mrv2 should be used instead.

3. In Newton, CDH 5, CDH 5.3, CDH 5.4  were marked as deprecated. If there
are no objections, it will be removed in the P release. CDH 5.5 and CDH 5.7
should be used instead.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/351376/

--
Best Regards,