[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Pending removal of Scality volume driver

Nicolas Trangez nicolas.trangez at scality.com
Wed Aug 10 21:26:28 UTC 2016

Sean and team,

On Wed, 2016-08-03 at 08:55 -0300, Erlon Cruz wrote:
> Hi sean, I think it would worth to CC the contact info informed in
> the CI
> Wiki (openstack-ci at scality.com).
>
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Tomorrow is the one week grace period. I just ran the last comment
> > script and it still shows it's been 112 days since the Scality CI
> > has
> > reported on a patch.
> >
> > Please let me know the status of the CI.

Sadly enough, we have been unable to resolve the recent issues in the
system/lab backing our CI server (originally caused by some hardware
migrations), and it's unclear when this would be back in a stable
state. We consider moving to a different service, which would require a
re-install of the CI system (which, given the development on Zuul and
related services since we set it up, may be a healthy thing to do
anyway).

In order to play by the rules of the Cinder community, we propose our
driver to be temporarily removed from the tree, until we get this CI
situation resolved. We are confident the Scality volume driver is in
working shape and is not to be removed for bug/technical reasons. As
such we'll aim for re-inclusion as soon as we get a stable Cinder CI
environment up and running again.

I filed https://review.openstack.org/#/c/353739/ to handle all of this.

Thank you,

Nicolas