[openstack-dev] [ironic] About third-party CI

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Aug 10 17:05:50 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Jim Rollenhagen's message of 2016-08-10 09:21:41 -0400:
> 2) A number of drivers do not have third-party CI up, let alone reporting
>    on patches. Unless someone moves quickly, I strongly suspect the following
>    drivers will be dropped from our tree before the end of Newton. These are
>    the setup.cfg names.
>
>       agent_amt
>       pxe_amt
>       fake_amt
>       agent_iboot
>       pxe_iboot
>       fake_iboot
>       agent_wol
>       pxe_wol
>       fake_wol
>       agent_vbox
>       fake_vbox
>       pxe_vbox

Do these three need to be 3rd-party? Virtualbox is free software available
in at least Ubuntu, so in theory these could just be tested by regular
CI. I understand it's intended for windows boxes that can't easily use
the SSH variants, but I wonder if it's meaningful enough to run Linux
based CI to verify the functionality?