[openstack-dev] [Cinder] [stable] [all] Changing stable policy for drivers

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 22:56:57 UTC 2016

On 10:31 Aug 06, Sean McGinnis wrote:
<snip>
> I'm open and welcome to any feedback on this. Unless there are any major
> concerns raised, I will at least instruct any Cinder stable cores to
> start allowing these bugfix patches through past the security only
> phase.

As others have said and as being a Cinder stable core myself, the status-quo
and this proposal itself are terrible practices because there is no testing
behind it, thereby it not being up to the community QA standards set. I will be
issuing -2 on these changes in the stable branch regardless of your
instructions until the policy has changed.

If you want to change that, work with the stable team on the various options
provided. This tangent of people whining on the mailing list and in
#openstack-cinder is not going to accomplish anything.

--
Mike Perez