[openstack-dev] [magnum][heat] 2 million requests / sec, 100s of nodes

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 23:39:48 UTC 2016

On 08/08/16 17:09, Ricardo Rocha wrote:
> * trying the convergence_engine: as far as i could see this is already
> there, just not enabled by default. We can give it a try and let you
> know how it goes if there's no obvious drawback. Would it just work
> with the current schema? We're running heat mitaka

There's been a bunch of bug fixes (including performance fixes) during
Newton, which is why it wasn't enabled by default in Mitaka (and
hopefully will be in Newton - it is enabled on master right now). We
also haven't been backporting convergence bugfixes to the stable branch.
So while you can just turn it on and it should work modulo bugs, I
wouldn't recommend it.

cheers,
Zane.